There is great opportunity to grow within the organization for the right candidate. Many of TFA's exisiting consultants hold full-time day jobs and started with Tallgrass as volunteers.
Seasonal/Part Time Contract Job: August 10 - October 30 (does not require PT office hours/hours are flexible/may work from home, however must be available/on-site week of October 12-19)
Reports to: Operations Director/Event Designer
If you meet all of the qualifications below, please submit a resume and cover letter/email to email@example.com.
Overview: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for scheduling all volunteer shifts and managing all volunteers for the 13th annual Tallgrass Film Festival. This person will work with our database of volunteers and provide necessary information for volunteer engagement leading up to and throughout the festival while maintaining constant communication with each department. The position will also require the candidate to maintain the Shiftboard database leading up to the event. The position may also include recruitment of new volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities: The responsibilities of the Volunteer Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Work with Executive Team to create/organize a “Call for Volunteers Campaign” before the festival
- Assess volunteer needs based on specific department needs
- Maintain the volunteer database and keep up with individual volunteer hours
- Organize Volunteer Orientations, Volunteer Appreciation events and schedule meetings with departments
- Schedule volunteers into specific departments and positions prior to and during the festival.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with large volunteer base
- Create Weekly Status Reports & attending weekly Staff Meetings
- Create and adhere to a predetermined timeline
- Provide exemplary customer service
- Provide wrap up and completion materials
- Work with Board of Directors Committee to plan and organize Volunteer Appreciation Party
- Maintain a commitment to the TFA Mission & Goals
- Recruiting volunteers by doing outreach to colleges/universities,and other volunteer recruitment avenues.
- Work with Food & Beverage Director to organize all meals and ticket rewards for volunteers
- Maintain Volunteer Lounge during week of festival; Serve as the main point of contact for volunteer check-in and management during Tallgrass Film Festival.
- Attend Weekly Staff Meetings on August - October
- Excellent problem solving skills & patience
- Experience managing and effectively communicating to large groups of people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive customer service experience
- Ability to prioritize and delegate in high stress situations
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Experience in event planning and/or volunteer coordination preferred
- Proficiency with computer-based programs and social networking sites