Tallgrass Film Festival 2017 > How To Fest > Everything You Need To Know
Everything You Need To Know: In One Place
What Is Tallgrass Film Festival?
Simply put, Tallgrass Film Festival is a celebration of movies. Our team watches more than 2,000 films every year to find the best movies for Wichita audiences - It’s like we’ve watched everything on Netflix to build you the perfect queue.
- Comedies, dramas, thrillers, documentaries, short films & more.
- The five-day festival offers movies and parties at locations around Downtown.
- See amazing movies before they go mainstream, and have a chance to meet visiting writers, directors and actors at Q+A sessions, parties and more
Why Should I Go?
Tallgrass shows the best new movies first. Whether you love blockbuster movies or thought-provoking art films, see your next favorite movie before it comes to major theatres. You'll also get to experience Wichita like never before.
- Tallgrass Film Festival creates a vibrant, once-a-year social scene at the heart of Downtown Wichita.
- Tallgrass takes you behind the scenes. Q+A sessions, VIP Lounge events and Stubbornly Independent Galas invite you to mingle with notable filmmakers, actors and fellow movie lovers.
- Simply put, Tallgrass is THE party of the year. Named in the “Top 50 film festivals worth the entry fee” by MovieMaker magazine for 3 years running, it's a nationally-recognized event that happens right here in the ICT!
What Should I See?
This year, we’ll show 182 movies. So how do you decide what to see?
- Take our Movie Personality Quiz and we’ll recommend several movies we think you’ll love. Are you Thrill Seeker or an Indie Darling? Find out!
- Filter the festival by Day to see what works for you.
- Browse by Type and read more about the films that interest you in our programming grid.
What’s a Gala?
At Tallgrass, everything we do is “Stubbornly Independent,” so the gala events we throw don’t mean you have to dust off your prom dress. Throw on some jeans (or be fancy if you feel fancy) and enjoy the movie/party combo:
- Complimentary adult beverages, bites from local establishments and festive party themes.
- Cool ICT venues like the old Greyhoud Bus station.
- Crowds of people who love movies too, plus visiting filmmakers and actors.
- Live music & performances by hot local acts.
How Do I Get There?
Almost all festival events happen in Downtown Wichita. There’s lots of parking, especially in the evenings and on the weekends.
- You can also take Uber or Lyft.
- Special Q-Line routes make it easy to travel between most Tallgrass venues.
- Walk Downtown ICT
- Rent a Zagster bike!
How do I Get Tickets?
Whether you want to see a single movie, go all-in for one day or make the festival last all weekend - we have ticket options.
- Single Screening: Single tickets are available for all shows. Buy online so you don’t have to wait in the line, or pick them up at the door.
- Friday Ditch Pass: If you’re ready for your Ferris Bueller moment, there are still a few Friday Ditch Passes. For $25, ditch work and hit the festival all day on Friday, October 20. Enjoy all the movies you can see, plus a VIP happy hour and admission to the Friday night Stubbornly Independent Gala.
- Saturday Binge Pass: Immerse yourself in the full festival experience and binge your Saturday away. For $65, the Saturday Binge pass includes 25 daytime movies, a VIP happy hour and admission to the Saturday night Stubbornly Independent Gala.
- VIP TALLPass: DO IT ALL for just $250. (Act fast and use promo code MONARCH to scoop your pass for just $200. Thanks to Monarch Gastropub.) Seriously. This all-access pass admits you to ANY movie screening. ANY event. ALL weekend long. You’ll have VIP access to:
- 182 movies and all the Stubbornly Independent Galas & after parties
- 3 exclusive TALLPass-only parties, including the Frikin Filmmaker Brunch on Sunday
- 4 days of VIP Filmmaker Lounge amenities at The Lux, including complimentary beer/wine, hot meals, chair massage, makeup sessions & more. You are not dreaming – this is a THING in Wichita! (9am-5pm Th. – Sun.)