Help The Grass Grow
2018 Volunteer Meetings
- Volunteer Training: Oct. 3, 6:00pm at The Lux (120 E. 1st St.)
- Film Festival Volunteer Kick-Off Meeting: Oct. 7, 3:00pm at The Lux (120 E. 1st St.)
Tallgrass volunteers are an essential part of our organization. Whether they are building décor for our parties, selling tickets at the box office, chauffering filmmakers or screening films, we could not accomplish our year-round mission with them. From high school students to senior citizens, if you're interested in movies, community events and are stubbornly independent, we encourage you to discover the possibilities.
Valuable benefits of volunteering include:
- Seeing the Wichita premieres of the best independent films from around the world
- Meeting filmmakers & making new friends (maybe meeting a future spouse – yes, it’s happened a couple of times!)
- Eating yummy food from local establishments
- Getting a snazzy new t-shirt
- But most of all, bragging rights for playing an intergral role in the country's most Stubbornly Independent film festival.
Volunteers are needed year-round. Sign up on shiftboard today to learn more.